Tuesday 14 October 2014

The one I let go...

So to mark the end of 2009, the year when my bjd collecting antics started, I treated myself to another SOOM doll. Another SOOM doll for my quickly growing brood of soomlings!
The Monthly doll limited from SOOM at the time was Ai & Afi. Always in twos the MDs. Rarely not. But yes, the little deers ^^ and there wasn't much thought on the character of who my deer would be. But all I knew is that I loved the long ears! I got the outfit & wig(still have them, they're adorable ^^) and I got faceups for both heads. I didn't realise the faceups were a bad idea until later.
Afi arrived. No box opening pics this time. But the 'tan' resin was lovly. Made me think of chocolate ^^ I wanted to eat them!
The story was weird and patchy for both heads at first...
So we have the faun character who had a run in with a witch who stole thier body. So they are a wandering spirit. The human Afi character was lost in the woods with a broken heart. The faun and human chose to co-exist. They share the human's body and the faun's heart but only 1 can be dominant at a time.
At first the human character was a boy called Vin (Short for vincent).
With stolen eyes from the elf twins lol And the Faun was a girl. Her named changed a lot; Emery, Enola, Enolie & Satu.
After about a year, I swapped thier characters. The Faun was a boy character and the human a girl. The girl was nameless for a while and then called Penelope. The boy faun was named quite fast to Finbar. I don't have a photo of Finbar mainly because I was having trouble bonding with the faun head. The eyes wern't open enough, and as an artist I couldn't wipe the faceup as it was so beautiful, it felt like burning a devinci painting! Plus I paid for it, I didn't want to detroy it xD
But as much as I loved the ears and the tan chocolatly resin, I just couldn't bond fully. When the time came when I needed money, I sold Afi. I couldn't love the mostly closed eyes and I wasn't liking the hooves much. Not as much freedom of movement as the glot or bygg hooves. I couldn't get use to them. I needed money and I thought I could find a better home for him/her.
I might reuse the story in some way in the future but I don't know. I did like it, it's a shame I couldn't bond. Ai/Afi have lovly faces and ears <3 Maybe I'll get a head second hand one day. Mayb.

No comments:

Post a Comment