Thursday 30 October 2014

Aeryn...Backwards!

So, practically all BJD collectors have wishlists! Mine has been long, it's been shortened, it's expanded, it's been tweaked. I'm discovering doll companies all the time and new companies are surfacing. New dollies come out, other's charm wears off over time thus dolls get added and subtracted. Also dolls actually get bought! Yay ^^ But to be honest, this doesn't happen as aften as it should. The doll purchase after Mu for example...
The company Asleep Eidolon has many pretty sculpts. Asleep Eidolon Lemon is still on wishlist. The first AE doll to appear on my wishlist was thier first 16cm doll, Cookie ^^ I fell so hard for that cutie ^^ She was on my wishlist up until the point I bought Peppermint instead! That is BJD collecting logic!
At a doll meet I went to, someone had a peppermint they were selling, and after thinking that maybe that sculpt would be good too I considered buying for 2 minutes. And then I did. 
I had nothing for her. She was stealing Mu's stuff. A very impulse buy, one that has been 1 of my best. She's my favorite traveling companion. Once you see who she became it may be a bit more obvious why.
While looking for wigs on etsy for my new little 1, I found a wig that was the exact same colour as Aeryn's. After a bit of thinking and comparing, it occured to me that Aeryn's face isn't so much unlike Peppermint. The lips and button noses look simular to me, and the eyes arn't exactly far off. Yes the sculpts are different but not so different that the idea that was forming in my head wouldn't work. What if Peppermint was to be something to Aeryn? Sister? Child? No. Something a bit more interesting. She would be Aeryn's innerchild that had somehow materialised into a seperate living thing. That seemed like a fantastic idea at the time, and I'm still overly happy with it now.
So I had a wig to match, next was eyes. I'd been putting off buying eyes for a while, but not now that Peppermint was for all intents and purposes, eyeless! Green eyes? No! So I also replaced Aeryn's eyes at this point. I hated the acrylics I got for her originally when I didn't know any better, plus now she and her innerchild could have matching eyes!
 This was the point that I changed Aeryn's faceup. I copied the eyebrow colours on Peppermint's default. So the two of them were all set! I got clothes for Peppermint and got a few bits and pieces that were the same or simular for them both to wear. 
I love thier tutus and bunny hats! Both were perfect ^^ Completly happy ^^ Only one thing wasn't right. After going over the backstory of them both... it occured to me that if I had an inner child that materialised, I wouldn't want to call her my name. It would be too annoying. My sister, Toni had this problem growing up a little, as our father is called Tony.
But what would Aeryn call her inner child that her inner child would be happy with? I thought on this a few days... Lightbulb!
Aeryn... but backwards! So, Nyrea. I wasn't sure at first, but now I couldn't imagine her being called anything else. Nyrea came with me on every holiday since. She's been to the netherlands and to france :) I don't go on holiday often, but I love taking her with me. It's like having a travel sized Aeryn. My first and favourite dolly <3
 France.
 Ferry to the Netherlands.
Her souvenir from the zoo in the Netherlands ^^ Didn't see any hedgehogs at the zoo, but thats what she wanted!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea!!! You pulled it off really nice, they both are so cute and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ^^ I'm thinking of updating thier wigs though...

      Delete