Wednesday 29 October 2014

I caught me a Yuhe!

So after my year of not buying dolls, I bought 1! Even on a dolly break though I do sometimes just look. A little window shopping never hurt anyone! 
16cm dolls had been a curiosity of mine for a while. Most collectors had/have been biten by theses little bugs! And they have been growing and growing in popularity. I'm somewhat a late bloomer, and to this day I still don't have a pukifee >.> I don't know why because I love them and have them on my wishlist. But there is always something else lol The excuse used by every doll collector in the world!
My first 16cm dolly was also who dragged me back into the 'buying' hobby. When I say dragged, its not a kicking and screaming sense, more a being dragged along a dreamy, rainbow river full of yellow and white starfish, by pink seahorses! (note to self; medication, slipknot and old photos are an INTERESTING mix of psychedelic nostalgia!)
And floating back to the point (Thank you pink seahorses!); Dollfamily-A yuhe <3 Can't remember how I came across her, it wasn't owner pics. But I was lead to look up Dollfamily-A, and once I saw her I had to have her! I loved her ears!
But Dollfamily-A's website was in chinese... I think :x I couldn't understand :( After discussions with my friend I call the BJD Guru ^^ (She does a lot of my doll's faceups!) it became apparent that I had to get my Yuhe from a bjd dealer. This was scary foreign territory! I'd never been to a dealer! (The connotations of 'drugs' to the word 'dealer' seems scarily fitting!) After a little googling I had 2 options open to me; Mint on Card and Alice's Collections. Both strange to me. Even though Mint on Card seemed more known and used (safe!) I still ended up going to Alice's Collections. It was a very easy and simple transaction. People in change are lovly ^^ I really think one day I'll buy from them again :)
If memory serves as it should, I recieved this package within a month, and she sailed through customs! I wasn't expecting her! I was in shock! The happy suprise party kind, not a freak accident!


It was at this point that I lost control and just adored her! All wrapped up! This is why I love box openings. They are so symbolic! They always look so helpless and exposed! I think it may even help build a 'hero' complex in a person...
 
It's strange even though still bald & naked, just standing out of the box and wrapping she seems more confident! Now onto what I love about the Dollfamily-A 16cm Body ^^
As previously mentioned I love Yuhe's ears <3 But I also love her podgy feet! Of all my dolls I have now, I still love her feet most <3 The body itself is limited in movement compared to a lot of dolls, as she's single jointd on both her elbows and knees. However...
She can touch her head/face...
 
And stand on 1 leg ^^ I know this is like the BJD test for some people ^^" If only real life was like that... 'Can you stand on 1 leg?' Yes!*stands on 1 leg* 'Bravo! The job and the shiney car is yours!'
Though I will say I found the way the head cap attatches very weird. And while most may think 'so what?' I have a tendency reposition the eyes of my dolls. I know it's minor, but this makes that habit a pain to keep!
Yuhe's profile if anyone is interested ^^ Or that may be just me who likes to see theses things lol I think it's a beautiful and simple way to appriciate a sculpt, the angle shows form ^^
I adore this little cutie! Her backstory and personaily hide in plane sight for a few years though. I nearly sold her!
Here she is with faceup ^^ My first dolly with freackles <3 So cute! He name was Suki for a long time, but when I relised her story she became Mu <3
She is a fairy now <3 And has since had different eyes and wig. I still need to make her a more fairy-like dress ^^ Now that I have sewing stuff, I will do that soon :) Even though I only have basic sewing know-how! But yeah... Mu! Dollfamily-A Yuhe ^.^ Whose name I'm thinking of changing for a 3rd time, but I'm not sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment