Sunday 12 October 2014

Light & Dark...

So. My parents got divorced. Mother bought me things :) Roughly at the same time as finding Glot, I ordered my first soomlings directly from SOOM :) Bygg & Beyla. Why both.... honestly? I couldn't decide which 1 I wanted and ironically thought of a great story for them both:
Thier characters are children who are bestfriends who are also arranged by thier parents to be married and rule the unicenta kingdom. The kingdom gets distroyed by an enemy race and they run away to be hidden and safe. They would return when they were adults and stronger. It was going to be a cute story...
 
I have no box opening photos, I think I was too excited. The wait was longer than anything I'd waited for preiously! Plus... I had  cold, I just wanted to snuggle with my dollies ^.^
They are blank as the default faceups were not what I wanted, plus I wanted to have another crack at this faceup stuff! Also... I wanted to open Bygg's eyes a bit more. Yes, I wanted to take a knife to a doll I've just waited about 3 months for and paid lots of money for ^^ Doesn't every cut up expensive stuff? No..? Only me then "^^
I don't think I did too badly though :) I love that grey resin, so much! So beautiful <3 The sculpt is beautiful too. I still think this sculpt is one of SOOM's best. 
At this point they were called Leyna & Tynan. And I was finding that I prefered to play with Leyna. So Tynan and I were having bonding problems. I've never had bonding problems before and I remember reading about 'bonding' before this and thinking that it was silly; Being unable to bond with a doll you picked out and bought. But now I understand and stand corrected. It's not silly at all. Just a bit sad...
I mean I liked the names, I liked thier story. It was a long time until I sold Tynan. And before I did, I changed his faceup & Body blushing. My friend oftered to do it for me so I accepted her offer. I did change thier eyes to glass eventually. As mentioned previously, I hate SOOM eyes. I hate they way they catch light in person. If you photograph them the right way they are lovly, but I like to just sit and admire my dolls. I can't admire those eyes in person.
 New faceup and eyes for Tynan.
 Layna's next new eyes.
Loved the new eyes. Sadly after just over a year, I decided that Tynan would probably go. And when the time of desperation for money fast, he got sold...
 Layna was not happy. Or maybe I wasn't happy. It was a bit frustrating as I obviously like the sculpt. I had Bygg. I wanted the story to work, but without Tynan, the story couldn't work. I sometimes think that maybe having 2 of the same sculpt just doesn't work for me. Even my Elf twins (Ellabell and Olivander) Are different sculpts. This may be a lesson for me. Fingers crossed only 1 I need to learn once!
I gave Leyna a different faceup before I sold Tynan. And she has been through many names! Leyna, Maili, Meelia, Melycia and Kajsa.
Kajsa was my choice of name after I settled on a new faceup & wig. The brown colour theme was very different from the pink and black so I really wanted to get away from the old names and also try to think up a back story and character. Actually took me years to think up her backstory along with Tulie's (Glot). Thier back stories are one of the same now :) But about that later ^^
I loved this faceup. I still do, but find myself latly missing the very first faceup. I don't know if it's just the lighter lips I miss. I think they made her look a bit more gentle, which is what I wanted her character to be. Quiet and gentle but also a bit stubborn. I might try my hand at a faceup for her again 1 day and go back to the black wig. I don't know. 
Took me another while to change her eyes.
I do like the grey 12mm. All my YoSD sized tinies have 14mm, so was an interesting different change. If I was to revert back to her original style of faceup, I'm not sure theses eyes would work. Would have to get new ones that do work. But I'm happy with Kajsa for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment