Thursday 9 October 2014

Let's talk about heads...

I must say after owning floating heads (1 of my favorite BJD terms...)  I can say I HATE it. And thanks to the lovly fairyland I got to realise this near the beginning of my BJD collecting life! With doll number 2 (Ellabell ^^) I got 2 free multiheads, Ante & Cupid. Ante has always been a lovly sculpt... popular in her original LTF size, And later in all the other sizes she's been produced in. But... Some odd reason I was really taken with Cupid. Honestly, wasn't very keen on photos of the pukipuki sized cupid I always looked at on the Fairyland website, but seeing a cupid in person changed it all. Such a cute happy little face!

While I asked my friend Krowbar to do faceups for both heads, I haden't decided on which to body first. After faceup, I picked Cupid ^^





 <--- Ante






 <--- Cupid








Originally my multiheads were ment to be little hooved cuties on pukipuki bodies with DaisyDayes hooves. Like so...
 As cute as this was... a few things changed this. A. I actually got a little sick of hooves (I went crazy on hooved dolls...) B. I couldn't find some hooves for Ante :( So... I had a re-think...
Rainbow Kittens ^^ Which meant that Ante was going to be a rainbow kitty too of a different colour ^^ I bonded with Cupid a bit more as a kitten ^^
Cupid is Thisbe :) A name I heard on 'who wants to be a millionaire' (don't judge me lol). After actually researching the name I found that I could use a few names in conjunction with it.

So... a little history...

"The Metamorphoses (Latin: Metamorphōseōn librī: "Books of Transformations") is a Latin narrative poem by the Roman poet Ovid, considered his magnum opus. Comprising fifteen books and over 250 myths, the poem chronicles the history of the world from its creation to the deification of Julius Caesar within a loose mythico-historical framework."

Thisbe is a character from  Book IV – The daughters of Minyas. Basically Thisbe is the character that all 'Juliet' (Romeo & Juliet) characters are based on. She was first. And while the ante head was intended to be a boy, after 5 years and finally ceasing to be 'floating' he became a she lol And I decided I wanted her to have a name from the same book as Thisbe. I Picked Salmacis and her colour is red ^^ I want either a WS multihead or a different doll if simular size to be a 3rd kitty (Yellow) called Andromeda. Then I'll have the 3 primary colours :)

So Thats my free floating heads from fairyland ^^ Thisbe got a body within a few weeks... Cissi (Salmacis) 5 years after. And I still don't think she's forgiven me especially as she still has no wig lol I do like her hat though ^^

Salmacis & Thisbe as of a few days ago... Salmacis is still wigless... yes, I'm a horrible person lol

No comments:

Post a Comment