Monday 27 October 2014

Doll Coffins & Elmer ^^

So there was a gap. A place in time and space when no doll came into my life... none! I didn't really spend much time on the forums either. I buried myself in work and games! It wasn't a bad thing. I think having breaks from obsessions is good! Healthy :D And thats why I did it... not because my parents were getting a messy divorce or I had no money... nope! This was by choice!... honest...
It wasn't so bad. I'd still photograph them sometimes :) Or just have them out of thier boxes...
O! Lets talk about the doll coffins! I mean boxes!
I have a few personal issues with stuff. I've always had stuff! Clutter! And I love it! And I've collected dolls in general since I was small. With all my things I've always been a bit touchy. I have two younger sisters and as a children they always ruined my things (Not on purpose, they were just very small and stupid!). Also as I got older I learnt value. Stuff and things are worth something just like money. You don't ruined or detroy pound notes, why would you not take care of things you spent money on, or put time into crafting? I take looking after my things very seriously!
It was only when I was 8 I saw them as something other than toys. I got my first porcelain doll. I still have her <3 And that collection then grew... and ofcorse I had them on shelves. Along with other things I collected; plushies, figurines, candles!, ornaments and toys! And then, there was dust! I hate dust... it's irritating and gets everywhere! Because of this and what I know it does to things like dolls, I keep my BJDs in thier boxes. I don't have them out on displayed incase they are ruined. Yes they take up more space this way, they are awkward to travel with and it's time consuming having them all out for photoshoots together. But they are safe ^^
Back when I lived with my mum, had my red shelves for my dolly coffins to live on ^^ And my living dead dolls... and plushies... anddd my plant! lol Don't have that plant anymore :< Miss that plant... it drowned :( but yes... I've always kept my dolls in thier boxes... kinda like vampires I suppose. One day I might even get some dolls to be vampire characters lol
Below is how my dolls are stored today. I have a single cuboard for them and thier stuff! Plus the tops of 2 wardrobes for the lovlies that don't fit in my dolly cuboard.
Some people (My sister!) needs multiple wardrobes and chests of draws for thier clothes, I need the space for my dolls! They make me happy :P As does Elmer ^^
(Just had to explain who Elmer is to my other half... O... M...G!!! Who doesn't know Elmer ?!!??)
Theses guys do ;) .....
That was actually incredibly fun lol Do love a bit of Elmer ^^ And was a bit cuter than ... boxes lol But yeah, after Jaxith there was a bit of a dolly gap. Until exactly one year later...

2 comments:

  1. I also keep my dolls in their boxes, but it's mainly because I don't ahve space to put them otherwise.

    It's a pain to take even one out to take pictures, but most of the time is worth it.

    Last christmas I let myself to have them out of their boxes for 3 days, and it was fun :D! (I covered them with a fabric at night so they wouldn't get dusty). You could try that for a day or 2 :)!

    Some people from the FoF discussion DOA thread made me realize you had a blog XD!! (Ellesmera here :D).

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOO Cute <3 I totaly love Elmer!!

    ReplyDelete