Thursday 6 November 2014

The longest wait...

Before Moya, before Nysa, and finally before Delilice there was a doll. A doll that stayed concealed up to this point because even though I fell in love with him before the aforementioned, even though he was ordered and paid off before Moya he arrived after. I ordered him January 2013 (the very end of his order period) from a dealer. Mint on card this time round and it wasn't a horrible experience. As I believed the actual company the doll was coming from had fairly long waits I opted for a long layaway to make paying for him more comfortable as I was just recovering from Christmas and such. I'd never ordered from this company or dealer before so it was twice as exciting and terrifying.
The long layway passed. I had hoped the doll would have arrived at Mint on Card at this point. He had not. The doll company keeping me waiting was LoongSoul. He did not arrived until November. Over nine months wait. To make things worse there was a mistake on his paperwork so customs wanted to charge me £125. Thats over a third of what I paid for the doll including shipping. I argued with customs and with evidence provided by the very helpful and speedy Mint on Card, customs realised thier mistake. There was a very long and painful email silence before they admited this, but my little resin guy arrived at my mother's safe and sound and charge free!
I was so worried that I wouldn't bond with him by this point. But all worries and doubts dissipated when I opened the box.
I felt like they over did it on the tape just to spite me and make it harder to open!
A little bit battered, but the box is so beautiful. It's shiney soft feeling card. I love all the dainty little patterns. If you know me you'll know that I ofcorse approve of the colour scheme also.
ooo free stuff and bubble wrapped things, and awww he's so lovly even as a mummy!
 My little white tiger Ye. I loved all the default blushing and faceup so I wanted that. However to me the default outfit and wig didn't really suit so I didn't want those even though I got the wig for free anyway! I didn't want the default eyes either so I ordered some icey blue eyes for him. I asked Captured in Glass to make the pupil smaller also :) I wanted him to look more like an actual tiger cub.
Was a bit upset about the smudge mark on his arm, but didn't complain. First because apparently it's the more british thing to do! and secondly because I didn't want to send him back or anything. So I consider this a birthmark! I called this cute little thing Nero. Not really a reason why, just liked it. And Nero is very true to his instincts even though he was transformed from a real tiger and isn't one anymore. He'll only wear black and white. No colours as it ruins his camouflage!
 What'ya doing Nero... hiding?
"shhh woman! I'm hunting...."
O.o Take your hood off. I have something for you...
O.O "For me..? What, what, what...."
 *throws toy*
"Gah!NO! EVIL!" *hisses*
 *wrestles with toy*
"I have you nowww!!!".... "you are a very squishy enemy... and cuddley..." *purrs*
 So you like him?
"His nose is dry..."
its a toy silly ;P
"I love him!"
You can show Bijoux ...
"K... but she can't have him, he's mine! And she can't touch him and get her girl germs on him... she can ... look..."
>,> Maybe we need to have a chat about sharing...

3 comments:

  1. lol the last line. So funny!! I love him, he looks very nice, you have an amazing collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I think thats why I like tinies so much, they are like children and in my imagination, so funny ^^

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete