Saturday 1 November 2014

Doll Events = Dangerous!

Valentines, Easter, Summer, Halloween and Christmas are all very tricky times of year. Most doll companys host very tempting events for some or all of them. Limited dolls, limited resin colour options, clothes, discounts and offers! And you never know what they are going to be! Most of the time I have no money for them so I just sulk in a corner for a while. However, Christmas 2012 I had money! :D
Luts had a limited MSD sized elf head up for grabs this year. She was stunning, and perfect for a character I'd been meaning to get since the end of 2009! Ellabell & Olivander's big sister. But wait! Buying a body for the head wasn't spending enough money to be eligible to obtain the head in the first place! I'd have to buy a second doll! How exhilarating!
16cm sized dolls are very addictive and tempting! Luts had recently brought out a new line of delf in this size, and they looked adorable! I had to have one! I'd decided on what to buy, but deciding on a sculpt was a different problem entirely.
Order placed! Delightful ^.^
 January! Mickie is sulking as I placed the box where he was sleeping, but wow, thats a big box!
OoOoOoOoo Korean news paper! Been a while since I've seen that!
First up! The teeny tiny weeny winy Delf ^.^ But which did I get?
 I went with Alice as she's cute! but also I couldn't wait to see her with Mu who has dreaming eyes as well!
Aw! Such a cute little bubblewrap caterpillar! Beautiful face and I was blown away by the warm tan resin. And can everyone see the cute little teetheys?! ^.^
 Plastic hat!
I LOVE the posability and I do love her giant head. I love the bobblehead effect. I'm determined to get another 1 of theses.
So she snuggles to one side while I gather her eyes. I know the eyes she came with are wonderful, but they are not her!
She is a fire fairy. These eyes are her eyes.
Wig, check. Clothes, check. Wings check. I comissioned candy kitten of Fairyality Wings to make some wings for my little fairy, but of the multiple designs she showed me I couldn't pick so got 2 sets and decided then that Mu shall be a fairy too!
Awww so cute! I called her Nysa.
Onto the big box! Lovely writting on the box. Subtle.
So much bubblewrap! It was also at this point that I got Reeves' kitty ears and tail.
Stunning faceup. I'm glad Luts offered two different faceups as the other one really wasn't her at all. I liked this one much better.
Her first wig (Iceland default) and I love her eyes. They looked grey in the photos when I bought them, but the green was a pleasant suprise. Can't decide if I want to get her siblings eyes the same green.
I know it's horrible and blurred as are some of the others but I was in a rush to see my new boyfriend! Don't judge me ;) When I was deciding on a name I wanted to keep to the combined names theme. I squashed names together in a few different combonations but finally decided on Delilice (Delilah/Alice).
 Her wig now. Before she had a red and white but the previous owner of the wig she wears now is better suited to the white and red. And I think the brown suits her soft nature.
Love this photo.
I got Mu a more colourful wig but found it suited Nysa better plus I liked the softer look on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment