Saturday 1 November 2014

Meets and thier dream sequel!

Even though as a person I'm shy and moderately introverted, I do love dollmeets ^^ Even though I find it stupidly difficult, I like making friends :) Or rather, just swaning around near silently hopeing someone will take pitty on me and adopt me socially!
My first meet was practically a week after I'd recieved Aeryn. I barely knew her and to see all the other BJDs was just amazing :) I felt like an outsider as nobody knew me. My Uni friend was meant to go with me but she didn't feel very well, so I was alone :o But people will dolls are generally very friendly :)
It's great for taking photos. Not just of other people's beautiful dollies, but to have your dolls engage with thiers. Different resins! A few meets in I realised people generally do have thier favourites of other people's dolls. Or thier dolls have 'thier' friends in other people's collections.
It's also good to get a feel for sculpts and sizes you dont have or just to compare with your dolls. Or just to see the posability and quality of other company's dolls.
I've seen so many lovly dolls; Stunning & beautiful, Interesting & unique, Cute, Amazing & adorable <3
However... Aeryn has really only ever gravitated towards one doll. And I've only every dreamt of owning someone elses doll once...
My friend, my BJD Guru has so many dolls. This one she called Derp. He had been modded by her so was 1 of a kind. I loved everything about him. I couldn't help but think maybe clothes that fit him would help his amazingness. I questioned in my head so many times the possibility of asking my friend if she could mod another of his sculpt the same way with the same faceup but decided that would be wrong. He's special and unique and should stay that way. Plus would be some what rude! So I just requested she bring him to every doll meet she went to that I attended.
The day I picked up Mischa from faceup from Derps owner, she announced she was putting Derp up for sale, but wanted to ask me if I wanted to buy him first. I was incredibly touched that someone thought of me ^.^ And answering her question was really pointless. 'Kirsty, I'm going to sell Derp, are you interested'? No, no, no. 'Krowbar, I'm taking Derp home, I'll paypal the money to you asap!' There was no question. I'd fantasised about this moment, aswell as winning the lottery! But can't have everything!
While driving home with him, I couldn't believe it. I'd wanted this doll from the moment I saw him. Now he was mine... I could buy him clothes! Give him a name I thought was more suitable! I was overly thrilled! Ecstatic!
 I was allowed to take Derp as he was but the wig, eyes and clothes were a loan. I orded clothes especially made for him and got him a wig. I decided he likes green. I didn't order him eyes for a while and instead gave him some purple ones I had laying around.
 I love that Aeryn has a boyfriend. I've always wanted her to have one. Problem is that dollmore kids are really quite big for an msd sized BJD. I didn't want her boyfriend to be smaller than she was. Derp is perfect size thanks to the fact he's modded <3 He is perfect. I'd been playing with names for him since that day I brought him home. I wanted him to have a name starting with the letter 'J' for a while. Can't remember what I called him. But as his character and story developed I changed his name to Reeves.
Those are his eyes that I finally got him a year later along with his kitty ears and tail ^^ Yes, Reeves is a Feral Elf ^^
It was at this point in my life I had found a bit more confidence in myself. I blushed his ears and tail myself. They were white! I also sueded him! I didn't quite understand sueding at first, there was much reading! I used a hot glue gun though. Seemed the easiest. And it works great! Reeves is no longer floppy ^^ I also re-sealed him. So he is lovely and perfect ^^ A few people don't like Reeves at all. My mum being one of them! But I adore him and don't care ^^ Aeryn likes him lol They even share a box ^^ Reeves box is thier wardrobe. Plus because of his mod, Reeves doesn't really fit in there anyway!
Random!
So while I was going through my doll meet photo, I came across this...
Who better to appriciate a duck(?) making a strange friend than people who read about resin people ^^ I really wanted to take the duck ornament out of the cabinet! It's like forbiden love! Two different worlds seperated by glass but one love... awww <3

4 comments:

  1. Lol the duck pic! so cute!!
    Reeves is very handsome! I love the eras and tail you blushed, excelent work! And they look very pretty as a acouple.
    I have the same box problem with my Onyx, since she has a scorpion tail She doesn't fit hers, I don't know what I'm gonna do after I paint the tail and horns, I don't want to restring that thing every time I want to take pics x.x.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ^^ And yeah I loved that duck ... he was sat there for ages! You could do what I'm planning to do ^^ Make a new box! and just steal the padding and such from the old box and use that box for storage ^^ I must make new boxes for my centaurs too...

      Delete
    2. Yeah I think I'll do that, thanks :D! My Tona needs a taller box too X)!

      Delete
  2. Ahaha, I want the ducks!! <3
    And love all the group shots you have :D

    ReplyDelete