Tuesday 4 November 2014

An answer for Loki!

Loki, my poor little Onocentaur was a lost character, with no story. October 2012 that all changed. Loki was a protector! 'Of what?' I hear you say.
SOOM (Yes they own me!) released another 'special Edition' doll.  Andes&Tona - Deertaurs
I had to have her. I even thought she was blushed perfectly, her faceup aswell! And those ears! It may have become apparent at this point that I have an obsession with cute ears! You must have noticed the freakishly big ears on my dog! 
I've never wanted a doll exactly how I see it on the website. She was different, she's stunning. I wanted her in white skin, so Tona. And I just wanted to tweak her style to make her how I wanted her to be. Different wig and eyes and I wanted her in more modern attire. She was to be bright and bubbley! Love random bright colours and girlie things! An accessory junkie! I wanted her to be an adorable oddity.
I decided pink hair was a must to match her pinky hooves and such. I ordered her some bright colourful girly things (made custom to accomidate her being a centaur). My problem now was eyes. I had no idea, until I watched some anime. In Wolf's Rain (one of my favourite series) theres a characted called Cheza:
 All red eyes with pink irises. Thats what my Tona would have. Where on earth would I find something so specific!? Captured In Glass makes custimised eyes. So I ordered them and as usual they were a pleasure to work with. The first attempt was wrong but I asked if they'd try again. They did and they got it right!
I had everything ready! Her clothes arrived as did her eyes. I picked out a wig and that was perfect. I made bracelett and thing for her. I'd never been so prepared for a doll in my life! She was going to be complete as soon as she arrived! I was really excited :) And so was her bestfriend, protector and soulmate.
He had all her stuff ready for her ^.^
And so did I ^^
Huge box ^^ But it wasn't just her in thier :) I honestly don't know why I did it. But in the waiting room there was another collector who couldn't afford to get 1 until a few weeks after the order period ended. I took pity and offered to buy one for her and she would pay me back and pay the shipping from me to her. I've never done anything like this before, but just thought if I could why not?
My little 1 was in the box on top ^^ I checked the other doll ofcorse just to make sure they were all ok :)
Lots of bubblewrap pieces and oh my gosh she was so pink! I'm not usually a lover of pink but this was an exception. She was a beautiful colour!
So we had her lovely body, beautiful head (love that faceup!), antlers and spare hands. Steadily and surely I put her together and dressed her and such.
She was perfect <3 I'd had that carebear top for ages and was so happy to use it. And I love teeny tiny hairclips and such. I have lots! I was so stupily happy with how the eyes looked. I was worried that I wouldn't like them on her and that I'd have to go back to the drawing board. I didn't want her to look evil enen though she is very mischievous. I'm hoping she doesn't. She doesn't to me.
I called her Satu. A name I'd wanted to use for a while. And I know I said she wasn't evil but she has been exiled from her people for starting a forest fire. She didn't mean for it to get out of control but she does really really love fire. Loki joined her in exile as he felt she needed his protection and because she's his best friend, regardless of her always ordering him around. He doesn't mind.
Satu loves Loki a lot, especially his ears!

4 comments:

  1. They look so cute together!!
    It's so nice to see pictures of yourTona as always, she's very unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou ^^ I do love my centaurs loads... it's taking me a while to get use to posing the bodies though, I don't know why but I do find it quite difficult :<

      Delete
    2. Yeah it's not that easy, and I have trouble posing ALL my dolls xD!
      One of my Tona's leg was behaving really crazy when I got her, but after I restringed her and sealed the hell out of that leg, the problem dissapeared X)!
      So now She doesn't fall oput randomly, but yeah, posing the legs to look good and not fall is hard >.<!!! and the torso part can't move all that much either

      Delete
  2. Well as Satu arrived all blushed and such already she was sealed. She generally behaves but one of Loki's back legs refuses to stay straight! Really irritating but then I look at his beautiful face and his behavior is forgiven lol Maybe I haven't strung him properly. I haden't strung a centaur before. Should probably try again and attempt to imitate Satu's string tentions as she doesn't play up at all. She's my happy little rock xD

    ReplyDelete