Sunday 22 February 2015

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, SIX!

So this month marks 6 years that I've been collecting, 7 that I've been interested in resin beauties ^^ I'll probably post a new 'family' portrait of all my dolls once I've had the weather to faceup & blush my poor blank Silky! Might even do seperate portraits for the characters in the seperate stories. The 23 dolls are devided into 7 stories, (possibly 8 as I'm undecided!).

Also been thinking about Aeryn's birthday. As she was doll 1 and I adore her <3 I think I'm going to give her a new faceup when the weather permits, and I think I'm going to get her and Nyrea new wigs. No idea what to go for though. If I can find ones I want from the same place I'm buying 1 for my silky from that would be helpful...

I'm not sure if I want to change her faceup drastically either or just do the same style 'better.' I think I can. I feel like my faceup ability has got much better after faceuping Spyro & Takeo. Oh the horror of decision making! It will be interesting seeing her blank again. Also not sure if I want to hotglue her and Nyrea to hopefully improve thier pose ability.

Both definatly need re-stringing. Going to try buying elastic from amazon, rather than a doll company. Pretty sure I'm going to regret this decision. Hopefully it will work out fine though as I really can't afford any new dolls this year, so instead want to concentrate on clothes/eyes/wigs/faceups and for everyone sealing everything again and re-stringing and maybe hot glueing. Depends on the dwollie ^^ But will the exception of silky will see to them in order of age or story. The newer ones and ones I've seen to within the last year or so will ofcorse get skipped, but I'm looking forward to giving my collect some TLC rather then buying more.

However... I've been having thoughts about Wrathian. Perhaps I'd rather use the sleeping head instead of selling it. The eyes could be opened, not as wide as the OE. I think this will completment his character more. I'm also wondering if the head will fit on a luts or fairyland body, so that his brother doesn't look so tiny next to him. Plus I don't like the MSD sized soom bodies. Can't tell you why.
Not sure if anyone would buy him though :( It doesn't make me sad because I want the money. But I think he looks awesome. I'm perhaps upset that nobody feels the same. But then, I'm not sure if the Iceland/North sculpt was that popular. Again, I don't know why. I think its lovly (Hence me buying it lol).

I think thats all dolly thoughts I've had, but I'm going to be very annoyed if theres a new SOOM FC Teenie Gem event including the birdies before I'm ready! But, fingers crossed for grey resin colour options, as I want more living stone creatures for 1 of my stories. Though technically I shouldn't be buying dolls and I shouldn't be buying character's not on my list!

Let's look at the list...
Luts Honey Delf Pitta - (Aeryn's younger sister) - Lithany
MiniFee Mirwen - tiger Fairy... (EmberGlow? EmberBell?)
PW Monthly Fairy Fiona - Andromeda

Lithany is Aeryn's little sister (as said above!). Lithany was originally not going to be that much younger than Aeryn, but looking at Luts HDs changed my mind as they are so cute plus I dont have a HD yet ^^ I love my other two dolls from luts so much! I love the bodies and the sculpts as beautiful :) Plus I think Pitta looks a little like Aeryn, enough to pass as a sibling.

I love Minifee Mirwen. She is gorgeous. It was seeing a SD sized Mirwen with actually convinced me she would be lovely for this character. I think I found the pictures in the Fairyland blog, but I've kept it as I want to try make my character simular. She will be a tiger Fairy, the adoptive mother of Nero & Bijoux. I've wanted to make this tiger fairy a while, before I even knew her story. She's heavily based on a drawing my bf's mother did.

Andromeda is the 3rd and final Rainbow Kitty. I think I've mentioned she'll be yellow ^^ However the sculpt could be a tricky mode and thus may be changed. Originally I want her to be a WS Multihead Zefi. Only setback is that Zefi comes on a Pukifee body and I want her on a pukipuki body and I dont think Zefi comes with the neck piece needed to put the multihead on a pukipuki body. Very irritating :/ I do love the Zefi head <3 But I might be able to make it work if I can get the neckpiece second hand. I'll give it more thought when the time comes as I'm happy to wait for this character as I did with Salmacis. She was floating and misinterpreted for a while. Reminds me she is still bald! I'm horrid xD Want her to have a different faceup too! May try to do it myself!

So next stop is wigs I think. Thats my next side task! A wig for Silky, Salmacis, Aeryn & Nyrea. Four wigs that must be chosen!! Well three... I know which I want for my Silky ^^ Hurray!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you writing on your blog again!!!

    I'm also hoping for SOOM not to release any tiny evet, I can't afford anything at the moment XD

    ReplyDelete